Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I rode the Duck!

I played tourist with my sister about a week ago.
And I rode the Duck!
After living in the area my whole life this is something 
I haven't done and it was an amazing good time. 
These are WWII amphibious vehicles.

Our Captain, Helen Wheels. 
When not showing us the city, 
Helen is a real fishing boat captain. 
One of the few females in that line of work.

First we toured the city.

Ghost signs


Pike Place Market


Then we hit Lake Union.

City Skyline
Gasworks Park

Sleepless in Seattle House
And there in the center of the photo you can see the roof line
of the house used in Sleepless in Seattle.
(It's the green house with the darker green trim.)
And it's for sale!

It was an absolutely awesome day and something I will do again.
It's fun to be the tourist.

Best wishes,

No comments:

Post a Comment